No matter how hard you try to hold your emotions back, they always come flowing through. What’s more when you had no idea you would feel the goose bumps on your arms and have tears stream down your cheek.
And yet it happened.
I waited excitedly to see Team Palestine walk in the London 2012 Olympic parade. I was excited to see them hold up the flag and walk proudly as they represented every broken dream of their people. But when they walked it, I watched silently. My vision started to blur as the tears filled my eyes. I saw every innocent child’s face that lost their parents. I remembered every struggle each of their ancestors must have faced. I watched them walk in, knowing somewhere in Palestine, someone is being oppressed.
You don’t have to be Palestinian to be proud to see them. You just have to believe these people deserve much better .
- litezepher reblogged this from torevolution
- chainofobedience likes this
- somedayoneday-dreamer likes this
- mylittlemexicanarabopinion reblogged this from torevolution
- mylittlemexicanarabopinion likes this
- fullyactivated likes this
- handsomesquid likes this
- spreadingpeaceloveandhappiness reblogged this from torevolution
- mimizaur likes this
- gallen likes this
- nameeht reblogged this from torevolution
- earth-warrior likes this
- echiq likes this
- torevolution posted this